gadget

Tuesday 14 December 2010

Emmanuel- God it with us

What to say, what to say.

I feel really mixed emotions this week. I’m really happy to go home for Christmas and see friends and family. I’m also looking forward to getting back to work. But leaving the friends I’ve made a Faith is really hard.

I’ve been thinking a lot about how God puts some people in our lives just for a season. I’ve been only know the guys here for 4 months yet the time we’ve spent together has been kind of intense. I feel like I’ve become really close to them, especially my room mate Meg. She is so great and I’m really going to miss her. It really sucks that I’m not going to see them all on a regular basis anymore. But I know that we have a choice when we meet people for a short time. We can either not bother to invest in them and keep our guards up, or we can let out guard down and really make friends. This makes it harder when you leave but in the long run you spent a great time together, learnt a lot from each other and have another great friend (and a great place to stay in the US!!)


With Sharon and Meg, these girls are awesome

All the elementary staff

Me and wonderful Meg

So having thought this over I’m so glad I invested in friendships here. But that doesn’t make it easy to have to leave them. I’ve been thinking over the Christmas story again this year and am struck with the name Jesus is given ‘Emmanuel’ which means God is with us. I love this because it applies to that stable 2000 years ago and today in the Philippines. God is with me and has been with me. When it’s hard and I have to say difficult goodbyes he is with me. When I have to travel half way across the world he is with me. When I continue with my life back in Nottingham he is with me. I praise him for he is with me, he watches over my coming and going, both now and forever.

3 comments:

  1. Great post. Thought I'd comment here and say I can't imagine life in the Phils without you, and you have a place to stay here or in Colorado any day.

    Oh, Oh, Oh, Merry Christmas. I've been practicing the accent. I'm not being funny, but I'm going to miss you girl.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ruth, we are just as sad to see you go! maybe more...

    it hurts me bad, i'm not gonna lie to ya (nessa's voice)

    WE LOVE YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh ruth! I can't believe our time together is coming to an end! You've been an amazing friend and it makes me even more sad when I think of who will watch friends with me?!
    I will be sure to keep in touch! love you girl and have a safe journey back home. Make sure you eat lots of christmas pudding for me.

    good tidings to you (with robot arms)

    *I thought i would continue the gavin and stacy theme.

    ReplyDelete